From September 2016 through September 2018, I will be studying in the Language and Communication Technology master (computational linguistics) through Erasmus Mundus. The first year I will be at the Universität des Saarlandes in Saarbrücken, Germany, and the second year I will be in the University of Trento, Italy. I hope to post somewhat regularly about my experience, and have begun blogging about it.
I’ve decided to collect my posts on this in two series, the “How it went” series and the “How it felt” series. The tables of contents for my time in Italy are below. I hope you enjoy one or both of them!
To see how my first year went in Germany, take a look at the Erasmus Mundus: Germany contents.
How it went
Here you will find the nitty-gritty details of my trials through the move, setting up, studying, and so on. If you intend to do this in the future, perhaps this section will be useful to you.
- Weeks 52 through 56 (Day Trips)
- Weeks 57 through 60 (Hikes)
- Weeks 61 through 65 (Strada delle 52 Gallerie)
- Weeks 66 and 67 (Snow)
- Weeks 68 through 72 (SoCal, Internship, Firenze, Bologna)
- Weeks 73 through 78 (Routine)
- The Accident
- Weeks 79 through 83 (Trieste)
- Spring Hikes
- Weeks 84 through 93 (Work)
- Weeks 93 through 97 (Nancy, Malcesine)
- Cinque Terre
- Weeks 98 through 111
A mini-series specifically dedicated to bureaucracy! (More links to come)
- Officialization 1: WTF comes next in Italy?
- Officialization 2: Apartment
- Officialization 3: Internet
- Officialization 4: Stay Permit, part I
- Officialization 5: Picking Courses
- Officialization 6: Stay Permit, part II
- Officialization 7: TV Tax
- Officialization 8: Stay Permit, part III
- Officialization 9: Residenzia
- Officialization 10: Health Insurance
- Officialization 11: Thesis Registration
- Officialization 12: Stay Permit, part IV
- Officialization 13: Going to the doctors
- Officialization 14: Getting a travel pass
How it felt
Here you will find more flowery descriptions of my personal feelings throughout this process. If you know and/or like me as a person, perhaps this section will be interesting for you.